Monday, November 4, 2013

Strawberry Cheesecake Smoothie

I love making post workout smoothies that taste like an indulgent dessert. They really serve two purposes. First, I'm getting some much needed protein and secondly, I'm satisfying my sweet tooth.

 


I made these smoothies last night for my husband and I. He thought it tasted like dessert so I think it was a success!

Ingredients:
Protein powder (any brand of vanilla whey or I love the myofusion strawberries and cream)
1 C. almond milk (or milk of choice)
1/2 C. frozen strawberries
1/3 C. frozen banana slices
1/4 tsp. xanthan gum
1 T. Jello cheesecake pudding mix (sugar free, fat free)
8-10 ice cubes
 1 T. Torani flavor-optional (I used raspberry)


For the protein powder I made mine with 1/2 scoop of the strawberries and cream b/c I knew I would be having dinner soon. My husband on the other hand likes extra protein so his was 2 scoops- 1 vanilla and 1 strawberries and cream. You can use however much you want.

Throw all the ingredients in a blender and blend away. Pour and enjoy!

For 1/2 scoop of protein mine was 180 calories for 2 scoops it is 375 calories.


 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment