Wednesday, November 6, 2013

Italian Chicken Sausage Bowl with Quest Pasta

Okay, I'm not going lie I love me some pasta...however my body doesn't. I feel sluggish and overly stuffed everytime I eat it and it's not really the healthiest food choice out there so I've mostly removed it from my diet. I recently discovered quest pasta. It's zero net carbs and only 20 calories per package. To say I was elated is an understatement! My most recent creation with quest pasta is a Italian chicken sausage bowl... So delish! It's low carb, low fat and high protein and all for 350 calories!

Here is the recipe for this wonderful dish! 

With only 5 ingredients you can whip this together in no time! 

Ingredients
1 package of quest pasta
1/3 cup spaghetti sauce
1/3 cup low fat cottage cheese
1 Italian chicken sausage link (I like the Johnsonville 3 cheese Italian chicken)
1/4 cup 2% mozzarella cheese

Okay, so I know what you must be thinking...
Cottage cheese?!
Yes! Cottage cheese. It gives this dish a nice lasagna flair to it AND it adds like 9g of protein. So, yes cottage cheese trust me! 


Directions:

Prepare quest pasta according to package directions.
Slice sausage link.
Add sauce, cottage cheese, mozzarella cheese and sausage to quest pasta. Mix it all up. Heat for about a minute and a half. You could also add in some fresh basil and other Italian seasonings.

If you don't have any quest pasta you could use spaghetti squash or increase the cottage cheese to 1/2 cup and eat without noodles or squash.

That's it! It's ready to eat!

 
Trust me this is so good! 

No comments:

Post a Comment