Sunday, July 13, 2014

Chipotle Baked Sweet Potato Chips

So I had some sweet potatoes in my pantry that needed to be used before they went bad and I today I was in a rather fun cooking/experimenting mood. I also made a Greek Cucumber Salad (recipe will be posted soon) and some Oatmeal muffins which need perfecting but these sweet potato chips were my favorite creation today and they are so incredibly simple and easy to make! :-)
Ingredients 
1 large sweet potato, 1/8 inch slices
Spray olive oil
Chipotle red pepper powder, to taste
Sea salt, to taste.
Directions: 
-Preheat oven to 450 degrees
-Spray baking sheet with olive oil spray (use the real stuff, I use my miso with extra virgin olive oil)
-Place sweet potato slices on baking sheet in one layer
-spray sweet potato slices with olive oil and sprinkle with chipotle pepper and sea salt to taste. 
-bake for 10 minutes and 450 degrees then reduce heat to 250 degrees and bake an additional 20-30 minutes until crispy.
Greek Yogurt Dipping Sauce
1/2 C. Plain Greek yogurt 
1/2 tsp. lime juice
1 tsp chipotle pepper sauce
Couple dashes of garlic and onion powder
Salt and pepper to taste
Mix it all together and it's ready for dipping!

Serves 2
Approx. 175 calories per service with dipping sauce. 



No comments:

Post a Comment