Tuesday, March 18, 2014

Apple Curry Chicken Salad

I knew it had been awhile since I posted a recipe but I didn't realize I had been since then end of January, my apologies faithful followers (all four of you.) I have posted lots of soups and cold weather type of food but since spring is almost here I thought I would post something a little lighter and suitable for those hot days ahead. So maybe this will persuade winter to officially go away because I am completely over it and the first official day of spring is just a few days away :)

I really like curry but I love this chicken salad. I think the combination with apples, dried cranberries and almonds just makes it near perfect. I might also be really partial to it because the smell of curry always reminds me of my honeymoon. I think they served some type of curry on the buffet everyday. Anyways, enough rambling. Here it is!

Apple Curry Chicken Salad with Cranberries and Almonds



Ingredients:

2-1/2 cups shredded chicken
1 granny smith apple, chopped
1 celery stalk, finely chopped
1/4 cup dried cranberries, reduced sugar
1/4 cup sliced almonds
1//3 cup nonfat plain greek yogurt
2 T. mayo made with olive oil
1 T. Curry powder
1 t. onion powder
1/2 t. sea salt

Directions:
In a medium mixing bowl, add chicken, yogurt, mayo, and seasonings. Mix well and add remaining ingredients and mix again. Let chill in the fridge for a 2-3 hours before servings. Serves 6. Last up to 3 days refrigerated.

Nutrtion:
Serving Size 1/2 Cup
Serves approx. 6
184 calories
5g fat
13.5g carbs
22g protein



No comments:

Post a Comment