Tuesday, January 14, 2014

Above All Else

This year I have taken more time to focus on my goals. Trying to set realistic and timely goals and come up with an action plan. One of my goals for this year is to read the entire Bible. I have done this before but it has been many years since and if I'm being completely honest the last few years my devotional time has suffered A LOT. So in the process of starting this goal of reading my Bible and spending daily time in prayer and devotion God laid this scripture on my heart and I wanted to share it with you.

"Seek the Kingdom of God above all else, and live righteously, and he will give you everything you need." Matthew 6:33

 I feel very strongly this is my scripture for 2014. In everything I do, I am going to seek him first. 
I am going to aim at and strive after his way of doing and THEN  he will give me everything I need. I think too often I get caught up in life and trying to accomplish that I easily lose sight of the most important thing. In 2014 make an effort to put Him first again. Make time to read your Bible and pray. Don't let time be an excuse. I strongly believe that if you make this a priority God will make a way for you to accomplish everything you need to accomplish. Putting Him first will make your goals a possibility!

No comments:

Post a Comment